Call for Nominations
The Greater La Crosse Sports Connection Banquet will highlight the athletic, sportsmanship, and volunteer achievements of our sports community. The banquet will focus on all ages of athletes including youth, high school, college, and adult. No sport will be overlooked as we honor the best of the best in our community.
Please read the nomination rules below carefully. You must also register for an account before submitting an entry. You may also submit more than one entry. Thank you.
- Athlete must perform their sport from January 1, 2011-December 31, 2011. This may not include the entire season but the majority of it. For example. An athlete recognized for his/her basketball achievements in 2011 may have begun their season in 2010. This is permissible.
- Adult athletes are classified 18 or older and not currently enrolled in a high school or college athletic program
- High School athletes must be in grades 9-12 during the 2011 calendar, or have graduated from high school in the spring of 2011.
- College athletes must have been enrolled full time in a college or university during the 2011 calendar. They may have graduated, or transferred since the date the sport was performed.
- Athletes of any age are eligible for nomination.
- Athletes may participate in any type of sport to be considered for selection.
- A "team" nominated is based on team participation during their competition. As an example, tennis may have singles (individual nomination) or doubles (team nomination). The nomination should be due to their performance as the individual or as the team.
- All nominees must reside or attend a school within the counties of La Crosse, Trempealeau, Jackson, Monroe, Houston, MN, or Winona, MN.
- Collegiate athletes attending school are eligible but must have graduated from a high school located in the counties listed above.
- Athletes must be in good standing with their respective school.
- To be eligible for the Greater La Crosse Hall of Fame, person must have contributed to athletics in the area for at least 20 years as a coach, athlete, volunteer, mentor, etc.
- Adaptive Athlete-"Athlete who has successfully overcome their physical or cognitive disabilities in an athletic setting"
Nominations are accepted in the following categories:
Please register first in order to nominate