TOWN OF MEDINA, Wis. (AP) -- Dane County sheriff's officials say one of the two children hospitalized after drinking gasoline has died.
Deputies were called to a residence in the Town of Medina Sunday night where a 2-year-old girl and her 4-year-old brother had ingested gasoline. The girl was rushed to St. Mary's Hospital in Sun Prairie where she was pronounced dead. The boy was taken by Med Flight to University Hospital in Madison.
Authorities say the siblings had climbed into a neighbor's car, which had a gas can in the back. The children and their mother live in Portage and were visiting a friend at the time.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.