LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - The La Crosse Fire Department wants everyone to attend their Fire Safety Open House on Saturday October 6th.
The timing is especially important in the wake of the Tuesday morning fire at a home on East Avenue. Working smoke detectors helped alert residents in the home to the fire and allowed everyone to escape with only minor injuries.
Division Chief Craig Snyder says that without the working detectors the outcome could have had a tragic outcome.
The open house runs from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Fire Station 3 at 1710 Losey Blvd. South.
Those who attend can tour the station, enjoy some refreshments, and learn ways to stay fire safe. A local business, Batteries Plus, will be handing out free 9 volt batteries for use in smoke detectors.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.