LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - A teenage boy is in a burn unit in Madison following an apartment fire on the south side of La Crosse Sunday afternoon.
The La Crosse Fire Department was called to 1901 Miller Street around 3 p.m.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, the mother thought her son was missing. A search of the apartment failed to find the teen but were able to rescue a dog.
It turns out the youth went to a nearby hospital before firefighters arrived. He was later transferred to a Madison facility for treatment of his burns.
According to investigators, the fire started from unattended food.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.