Fire at UW-Platteville started with meth cooking - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Fire at UW-Platteville started with meth cooking

PLATTEVILLE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - Police say it seems a small fire on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus was started when a student tried to make meth.

WKOW-TV reports Sunday that the fire started early Saturday. The Rountree Commons dorm was evacuated for about an hour.

Police say a student was trying to cook methamphetamine when the ingredients started a fire in a plastic waste basket. The student put out the fire and emergency crews were called.

Five people suffered smoke-related injuries.

The student was arrested. He's being held on a tentative charge of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.