Fire Chief: Cigarette causes La Crescent home to burn down - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Fire Chief: Cigarette causes La Crescent home to burn down

Posted:

LA CRESCENT, Minnesota (WXOW) - Firefighters said the careless disposal of a cigarette caused a La Crescent home to go up in flames Saturday morning.

La Crescent Fire Chief John Meyer said they received word of the house fire on the 1500 block of Old Hickory Drive just after 6:30 a.m.

Meyer said when his department arrived, the house was already engulfed in flames.

The fire started in the back of the house and eventually caused the roof and walls to collapse, Meyer said.

The home is a total loss.

The two residents in the house at the time of the fire managed to get out safely.

The La Crescent Fire Department received mutual aid from the Hokah and Campbell Fire Departments.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.