La Crosse, WI (WXOW) - The La Crosse Fire Department says early detection and a fast response helped save a Southside Café from major fire damage.
Officials say around 7:40, Thursday morning, they were called to Rosie's Café on 16th street, for smoke in the building.
When firefighters arrived they found smoke coming from an interior wall near a grill.
They were able to open up the wall and extinguish the flames.
Officials say the fire damage was only minor because an employee detected the fire early and firefighters were at the scene within three minutes.
Investigators say the radiant heat from the grill started the fire in the wall.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.