UPDATE: Cigarette starts fire at Bluffview Apartments - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

UPDATE: Cigarette starts fire at Bluffview Apartments

Posted:

La Crosse, Wisconsin (WXOW) UPDATE: The La Crosse Fire Department says an improperly disposed cigarette started a fire at the Bluffview Apartments.

It happened at about 9:15 Thursday night.

Firefighters say they arrived on scene and found smoke in the first and second floor of the apartment complex.

Using a thermal imaging camera firefighters found a fire inside a wall in a first floor hallway.

They opened up the wall and extinguished the fire.

Division Chief Craig Snyder says it appears someone put a cigarette in a small hole of the wall near the apartments ash tray outside.

The cigarette slid down and started the inside of the wall on fire.

Luckily only minor damage was reported and no one was injured

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.