Fire on 4th Street - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Fire on 4th Street

Posted:

LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - A family loses their home in an apartment fire Tuesday morning on the southside of La Crosse.

Firefighters were sent to 1321 South 4th Street around 7:30 a.m. for a call of smoke coming from building.

Crews quickly arrived on the scene within four minutes and had the fire out in less than ten.

The fire was contained to one apartment, so all other tenants were able to return to their homes.  Some of the other units did have minor damage from smoke and water. 

According to inspectors from the La Crosse Fire Department, an overheated wall heater is believed to be the cause of the fire.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.