Small electrical fire on Grandview Place - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Small electrical fire on Grandview Place


LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - An electrical issue with a bathroom fan caused a small fire at 2111 Grandview Place Sunday morning, according to the La Crosse Fire Department.

Firefighters got the call at 1:10 a.m. A resident said smoke was coming from the ceiling in a second-floor bathroom.

When fire crews arrived at the scene, the fire had spread to the attic, firefighters said.

The blaze was quickly extinguished; the house suffered only minor damage, according to the fire department.

Firefighters said the residents' instincts helped constrain the fire to the two rooms.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at