BROTHERTOWN, Wisconsin (WXOW) -- Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of a Chilton woman in an ice shanty on Lake Winnebago.
An autopsy on 30-year-old Sara Meyer was performed Monday. Meyer was declared dead at the shanty Saturday. A 37-year-old man who was found unresponsive in the shelter was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. His name and condition have not been released.
The Calumet County sheriff's office says the investigation is continuing, but foul play is not suspected.
Authorities are urging anglers to use caution when heating their fishing shanties, and to make sure their heating equipment is in good working order and vented properly.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.