Fire Dept: Be Careful Using Space Heaters - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Fire Dept: Be Careful Using Space Heaters


ONALASKA, Wisconsin (WXOW) -- A cold start to spring has the Onalaska Fire Department warning people to be careful when using space heaters. 

"Get a space heater that has the automatic feature that, if it tips over, will shut it off," said firefighter Cory Taylor. 

"Also make sure there's nothing around it," Taylor said. "We like to see at least a three foot area of space around space heaters." 

Taylor also said it's not advisable to place space heaters in "high traffic" areas where they can be easily knocked over by either adults or children. 


Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at