Guests evacuated after fire breaks out at Best Western - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Guests evacuated after fire breaks out at Best Western in Eau Claire

Eau Claire (WQOW)- Hotel guests had to be evacuated Monday night when a fire broke out at the Best Western hotel along Mondovi Road in Eau Claire.

The fire started in the hotel's kitchen around 10 p.m. and everyone was evacuated from the building.

Just before 11 o'clock Eau Claire's fire chief said flames were out and guests were being allowed back into the hotel. Fans were set up to help clear out smoke. The kitchen did sustain smoke and water damage. 

It's not clear yet how the fire started. The fire chief says one fire fighter was treated for a minor laceration injury. 

 

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.