MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- No private school has yet submitted a formal application to participate in Wisconsin's newly expanded voucher program.
The application deadline is July 26. Department of Public instruction spokesman Patrick Gasper said Wednesday no applications are expected to be filed until later next week, close to the deadline.
The department will process the applications and release the names of schools that meet the criteria on July 31.
No more than 500 students can be in the program next year. Only the 25 schools that receive the most applicants can participate.
Another reason for the lack of applications to date is that all interested schools are required to participate in two full days of training. Gasper says those sessions began last week and are continuing this week and next.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.