Children's Museum of La Crosse to welcome 800,000th visitor - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Children's Museum of La Crosse to welcome 800,000th visitor

Posted:

LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - The Children's Museum of La Crosse is expecting its 800,000th visitor this week, most likely on Thursday or Friday, August 26 or 27.

The Children's Museum of La Crosse opened on February 28, 1999. Since then, attendance has grown from 53,000 to more than 70,000 visits per year.

The museum receives no outside funding.  The nonprofit organization earns 70% of the annual operating budget through admissions, memberships and other earned sources; the remaining 30% is raised through donations, grants and special events.

To thank the support of members, the 800,000th visitor will receive a free one-year Children's Museum membership (or renewal if already a member) and a collection of items from the Museum's gift shop.

The museum is located at 207 5th Avenue South in downtown La Crosse.

For more information visit www.funmuseum.org


 

 
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.