POSTVILLE, Iowa (WXOW) - The Postville Fire Department responded to a pole shed fully engulfed in flames on Wednesday (10/02) morning. The shed on fire was located at 434 Sunset Drive, in Allamakee County. Once on the scene, some firefighters worked on protecting an adjacent cattle storage building.
There were approximately 90 bales of hay inside the shed, estimated at a cost of $35,000. The cause of the fire is being ruled as spontaneous combustion from the stacked hay. Frankville and Luana Fire Departments assisted with tankers and man power.
It took the three departments seven hours to completely take care of the situation. The Postville Fire Department remained on scene afterwards to monitor fire ground activity and also worked with a local construction company to remove the burning hay bales and bury them.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.