LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) – The La Crosse Fire Department responded to a refrigerator fire on La Crosse's south side Sunday.
It happened at 2523 S. 26th St. around 8:10 a.m.
When fire crews arrived on scene, they found heavy, black smoke coming out of the house, stemming from the kitchen, said Division Chief Tom Wallerich. The refrigerator and the floor beneath it were on fire.
While the fire was contained to the kitchen, Wallerich said the first floor of the home sustained smoke damage.
Investigators traced the source to a refrigerator malfunction, Wallerich said.
A person living in house was treated and released for smoke inhalation at the scene, according to the fire department.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.