BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wisconsin (WXOW) - A worker cutting brush hits a gas line that ignited an LP gas fire Monday afternoon outside Black River Falls.
Fire Chief Steve Schreiber said the department was called to Wild Body Shop on Highway 54 shortly after 4:00 p.m.
An employee was using a chain saw to remove brush around two 1,000 gallon liquid propane tanks and an LP vaporizer. The saw hit a copper gas line. The pilot light in the vaporizer caused the propane to ignite.
Firefighters used one line to put water on the tanks to keep them cool and prevent them from a possible explosion. They used another line to create a curtain of water to protect them as they moved in and turned off the gas tank valves. Once closed, the fire went out except for a nearby vehicle that had caught fire and was destroyed.
Chief Schreiber stated the employee was burned on the arm when the fire started. The man took himself in for medical treatment.
There's no word on the amount of damage caused by the fire.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.