COPY-No decision expected Monday on Kenosha casino
MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker is not expected to announce his decision Monday on the fate of a proposed new casino and Hard Rock International entertainment center in Kenosha.
Walker's spokesman Tom Evenson says in an email that the governor is still reviewing the proposal from the Menominee tribe and Hard Rock International and no decision is expected Monday.
Walker met with tribal and Hard Rock leaders last month and has been mulling his decision ever since. Walker has said that all tribes in Wisconsin must agree on opening the casino, but the Ho-Chunk Nation and the Forest County Potawatomi, which operate their own lucrative casinos in Wisconsin, have repeatedly said they oppose competition in Kenosha.
Casino opponents scheduled a rally Tuesday at the Capitol to urge Walker to reject the proposal.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Members of the newly created commission to regulate ethics laws for Wisconsin office holders and lobbyists are beginning their work with the simplest of tasks: deciding on a name. Weightier decisions aren't far...More >>
A teen accused of fatally stabbing a classmate at a Kenosha high school will face trial as an adult. Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Mary Wagner denied a motion Monday to move Timothy Carson to juvenile court. He was 15...More >>