LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - Holiday music will fill the air, and airwaves, in December.
WXOW's 22nd annual Holiday Concert is scheduled for December 9 at the Viterbo University Fine Arts Center. Doors will open at 6:15 p.m.
Seven area high school choirs are scheduled to perform starting at 6:40 p.m. Here's a list of the choir performances and at the approximate time they'll take the stage:
6:40PM GALE – ETTRICK – TREMPEALEAU HIGH SCHOOL ROBED CHOIR: Director Ryan Stuempges
1) Carol of the Bells
2) Dormi Jesu
3) Winter's Night
4) Jingle Bells
6:55PM LUTHER HIGH SCHOOL CONCERT CHOIR: Director Paul Adickes; Student Teacher, Carla Carmichael
1) Ich Steh an Deiner Krippen Hier – J.S. Bach
2) Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence – Elizabeth Campbell
3) Silent Night – Jack Schrader
4) Ding! Dong! Merrily on High – Howard Helvey
7:10PM WEST SALEM HIGH SCHOOL CONCERT CHOIR: Director Amy Hanson
1) Do You Hear What I Hear? – Arr. Harry Simeone
2) Blow, Blow Thou Winter Wind - John Rutter
3) Twas the Night Before Christmas – Arr. Harry Simeone
7:25PM LOGAN HIGH SCHOOL SELECT CHOIR: Director Doreen Athnos
1) O Magnum Mysterium - Tomas Luis de Victoria
2) Sicut Locutus Est - Johann Sebastian Bach
3) Silent Night – Arr. Darmon Meader
4) It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Arr. Hawley Ades
7:40PM LA CRESCENT HIGH SCHOOL CONCERT CHOIR: Director Heidi Swerman
1) Hodie! Alleluia! - Lightfoot
2) Exultate Cantamos Festivo – Althouse
3) Christmas Lullaby – Rutter
4) Yule Be Swingin' – Huff
7:55PM AQUINAS HIGH SCHOOL ROBED CHOIR: Director Peter Bosgraaf
1) Gloria - Craig Courtney
2) What Strangers are These? - Arr. Dan Forrest
3) In Dulci Jubilo - Matthew Culloton
4) Joy to the World - Arr. Frank Kuykendall
8:10PM CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL ROBED CHOIR: Director Mike Esser
1) O Sing Joyfully
2) Ich Freue Mich Im Herrn
3) The Eyes of All Wait Upon Thee
4) Carol of the Bells
5) Jingle Bells
The evening's program is emceed by WXOW's Scott Hackworth and Amy DuPont.
Choir performances will be taped at these times as part of a broadcast scheduled for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The one hour show airs on December 24 at 10:00 p.m., and again on Christmas morning at 6:00 a.m.
As always, there is no cost to attend the concert, although if you would like to bring along a non-perishable food item to donate to area food pantries, it would be appreciated. All donations benefit the Hunger Task Force.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.