ONALASKA, Wisconsin (WXOW) - The Onalaska fire department responded to a natural gas leak this morning.
It happened at the railroad tracks near 2nd avenue, according to the Onalaska fire chief. A one inch gas line was accidentally cut while workers were extending the line. The natural gas is used at the railroad tracks to power heaters that keep the switching spots from freezing. The switching spots are where the tracks move so trains can pass each other.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.