Brownsville, MINNESOTA (WXOW) - A wood stove is believed to be the cause of a house fire in Brownsville.
The fire happened at the home on the corner of 9th and Main Street and was believed to have started in the basement and worked its way up through the house.
The Brownsville, Hokah, and Caledonia Fire Departments were all on scene trying to put the fire out. Two people were in the house at the time of the fire and made it out safely.
Three people lived in the home including a young child.
The house is a total loss and may have to be knocked down to completely put the fire out. The American Red Cross was there assisting fire fighters, bringing them food and coffee.
In response to the fire, there are two donation savings accounts set up to assist the family.
-New Albin Savings Bank in New Albin IA
-Dairyland Power Credit Union in La Crosse.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.