La Crosse, WISCONSIN (WXOW) - A La Crosse firefighter is injured while responding to a call Thursday morning.
The La Crosse Fire Department said they responded to a call about smoke inside a home on 1314 Denton Street around 9:00 a.m.
When they arrived they found the stove on fire in the kitchen. They were able to extinguish the flames within minutes.
Officials say the occupant of the home was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation.
A firefighter was also injured after he fell into the basement. According to Division Chief Jeff Murphy, the firefighter must have slipped on the stairs. We do not know what type of injuries he suffered but he was transported to a hospital.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.