BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wisconsin (WXOW) - No one is injured in a midnight fire at a duplex in the Town of Brockway, just outside Black River Falls.
Firefighters were called to 205 East Second Street at 11:59 p.m. after a city utility worker saw smoke coming from the building while responding to a power outage at that address.
The four people that lived in the building, two upstairs and two downstairs, were safely evacuated from the building according to Black River Falls Fire Chief Steve Schreiber.
Using a thermo-imaging camera, fire was found in an upstairs ceiling, which may have started from electrical wiring in a ceiling light.
Chief Schreiber said there was structure, smoke, and water damage on the second floor, while the first floor apartment had smoke damage.
The residents of the duplex are getting assistance from the American Red Cross.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.