La Crosse home damaged by fire - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

La Crosse home damaged by fire

Posted:

LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - A malfunctioning heater causes a fire that damages a south side home Monday afternoon.

La Crosse firefighters saw smoke coming out of the front and rear of the home at 1708 Winnebago Street when they were called there at 4:30 p.m.

The fire was found in a basement crawl space. Firefighters believe the cause of the fire was a malfunctioning gas fed boiler that burned the floor joists below it.

No one was hurt, but the home did have what the department describes as moderate fire and smoke damage.

The Scenic Bluffs chapter of the American Red Cross is helping with the family that lived in the home. 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.