BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wisconsin (WXOW) - A fire late Christmas afternoon leaves a rural Jackson County family without a home.
The Black River Falls Fire Department was called to N7022 West Kenyon Road northwest of the city for a chimney fire shortly before 6:00 p.m.
According to Fire Chief Steve Schreiber, firefighters could see and hear the fire that had spread from the fireplace area in the home to the surrounding walls.
Pictures provided by Chief Schreiber show the fire was contained to the area around the fireplace, although there is smoke damage throughout the house.
Chief Schreiber states in a release that the cause is related to the fireplace, which was in use at the time the owners noticed the fire.
The owners, Bruce and Jennifer Brese, called 911 and were able to safely get out of the home without injury.
The American Red Cross is helping the family.
No firefighters were injured in putting out the fire.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.