LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - As the arctic temps hit, many of us reach for the thermostat.
Wisconsin Emergency Management wants to remind you of the increase in carbon monoxide danger during the winter months.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths.
All homes in Wisconsin are required to have CO detectors on every level, including the basement.
Remember that any heating system that burns fuel will produce carbon monoxide.
Symptoms of overexposure to carbon monoxide are often mistaken for the flu.
If you experience symptoms, or your carbon monoxide detector goes off, get outside immediately and call 911.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.