LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) -- La Crosse firefighters were called to the Ace Hardware facility on French Island's Fanta Reed Road Tuesday afternoon due to a gas leak.
The leak, which firefighters and workers from Xcel Energy found to be coming from a gas main outside the building, was fixed relatively quickly.
Some employees had to be evacuated from the business.
La Crosse Div. Chief Mark Amann said a La Crosse MTU bus was called to the scene to shelter workers from the bitterly cold temperatures.
No one was injured.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.