LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) -- La Crosse firefighters were called to the Ace Hardware facility on French Island's Fanta Reed Road Tuesday afternoon due to a gas leak.
The leak, which firefighters and workers from Xcel Energy found to be coming from a gas main outside the building, was fixed relatively quickly.
Some employees had to be evacuated from the business.
La Crosse Div. Chief Mark Amann said a La Crosse MTU bus was called to the scene to shelter workers from the bitterly cold temperatures.
No one was injured.