Fire Dept.: Cigarette started Grove Street apartment fire - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Most Viewed Content

Stories
Videos

Fire Dept.: Cigarette started Grove Street apartment fire

Posted:
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) - Firefighters said a cigarette cause the fire at an apartment complex on Grove Street that left 16 people without a home Monday night.

According to the La Crosse Fire Department, someone discarded that cigarette outside the first floor window of one of the apartments.

All 16 residents escaped the building safely before crews arrived. They were able to get back into the building Tuesday to collect belongings, but its not livable.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.