Nodine-Dakota Fire Captain Greg Gerlach says the fire started in an electrical box on the first floor and traveled to the second floor.
The house has smoke and structural damage, but no one was home at the time and no one was injured.
The Nodine-Dakota Fire Department did call in mutual aid to use a tanker truck from the Ridgeway Fire Department filled with 1,200 gallons of water.
It took 30 minutes to extinguish the fire. The Red Cross also responded to the call.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WXOW. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.