Hazmat team, firefighters respond to Mindoro tractor fire
TOWN OF FARMINGTON, Wis. (WXOW) – A tractor went up in flames in the Town of Farmington Saturday afternoon.
The Farmington Fire Department said at the time, smoke could be seen up to 15 miles away.
Firefighters arrived around 12:30 p.m. to a call at W990 Amborn Road in Mindoro.
A man was driving his tractor when the engine started on fire, according to Farmington Fire Chief Richard Paisley. By the time his crew arrived, the 8-wheel tractor was fully engulfed.
The tractor had anhydrous ammonia inside, which is very toxic to breathe in, Paisley said. So he called in assistance from the La Crosse Fire Department's Hazmat team. It took about three hours to fully extinguish the flames. No one was injured.
The Bangor Fire Department, Tri-State Ambulance, and Farmington First Responders assisted.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.