ONALASKA, Wis. (WXOW) - No one was hurt after a fire broke out in a Onalaska home Friday afternoon.
Officials said the fire began at approximately 5:04 p.m. at the home near the intersection of Well Street and Sand Lake Road.
Onalaska Fire Chief Don Dominick said the fire was believed to have started from the stove in the kitchen of the house. An investigation is underway.
According to a friend, the homeowner was at a neighbor's house a few blocks away when he noticed fire coming from an air conditioning unit on the side of the house. He ran back to the house and called 911.
The friend also said there were three dogs in the house.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Theresa Wopat at 507-895-9969. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at email@example.com.