La Crosse Haz Mat called to chemical spill at Inland Printing
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WXOW) - The La Crosse hazardous materials team had to clean up a chemical spill Wednesday night at Inland Printing.
The La Crosse Fire department said they were dispatched to the business on West Ave around 7:30 p.m.
The spilled chemical was N-Propyl Acetate which is flammable and toxic if inhaled. La Crosse hazardous material team members had to enter the building wearing full turnout gear. They monitored the atmosphere for flammability and toxicity.
The fire department said crews placed absorbent pads on the product to absorb the spilled chemical and gas in the building was turned off to prevent the chemical from igniting.
Can't Find Something?
3705 CTH 25, La Crescent, MN 55947
Phone: 507-895-1919 or 800-947-9969 (WXOW)
News tips: email@example.com