Fire at home on La Crosse Street - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Fire at home on La Crosse Street

Posted: Updated:
UPDATE:  A fire just east of city hall in La Crosse causes extensive damage to a rental home.

The fire blocked off a part of La Crosse Street for a few hours as the La Crosse Fire Department worked to put out the fire at 919 La Crosse Street.

A nearby neighbor saw smoke coming from the house and knocked on the door to inform the residents.

All five tenants made out out safely.

"We were downstairs changing the fuse boxes and we were kinda having trouble with it all day, it kept popping and smelled smoke in the early afternoon and it was probably around five or six o' clock, we came outside and there was this guy pounding on our door saying we had smoke just blowing out of our roof," says Jacob Annis, a resident of the house.

The tenants say the believe the fire was related to the electrical problems and started in the attic.

The fire department hasn't released an official cause of the fire.

Powered by Frankly