Fire damages Schmidty's Restaurant in La Crosse - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI – News, Weather and Sports |

Fire damages Schmidty's Restaurant in La Crosse

Posted: Updated:
LA CROSSE, Wis, (WXOW) -

A fire Saturday morning causes damage to a La Crosse restaurant.

The La Crosse Fire Department was called to Schmidty's around 8:30 a.m. for a fire in the kitchen.

When the department arrived, smoke was coming out of the roof of the building at 3119 State Road. Firefighters went in and quickly got the fire out according to Captain Greg Temp.

Only one employee was in the building when the fire broke out and was able to safely leave the building. 

No injuries were reported.

Captain Temp said the building suffered minor smoke and fire damage.

It was open to customers later on Saturday.

Powered by Frankly