WAUSAU, Wis. (WAOW) – Hunters have just days left to apply for the 2022 black bear and spring wild turkey seasons.
The application deadline for both hunts is 11:59 p.m. Friday, Dec. 10, the state Department of Natural Resources said in a news release.
Permits for both hunts are done through a drawing.
The spring turkey season is as follows:
- Youth Hunt: April 16 - 17
- Period A: April 20 - 26
- Period B: April 27 - May 3
- Period C: May 4 - 10
- Period D: May 11 - 17
- Period E: May 18 - 24
- Period F: May 25 – 31
The 2022 black bear season will be:
Zone C, E and F:
- Sept. 7-Oct. 11; bait is allowed, but dogs are not.
Zone A, B, and D:
- Sept. 7-13; bait is allowed, but dogs are not.
- Sept. 14-Oct. 4; bait and dogs are allowed.
- Oct. 5-11; dogs are allowed, but bait is not.
More information about hunting in Wisconsin can be found on the DNR’s website.